- Selcuk Inan picked up an injury on international duty and was not risked on Friday but his importance to the side means that he should start on Tuesday.
- Galatasaray are likely to line-up in a 4-2-3-1 formation meaning last season’s top scorer Burak Yilmaz, who almost left the club in the summer, may sit on the bench with Drogba favoured.
- There could be a chance that new signing Bruma, the Portuguese teenager signed from Sporting, could be in line for his first start for the club out wide. Wesley Sneijder, meanwhile, was rested in the league to be fully fit to face his former club.
- Real Madrid continue to have a number of defensive issues with Varane having missed out thus far through injury while full-backs Marcelo, Coentrao and Arbeloa were also sidelined at the weekend.
- Carvajal and Nacho may have to continue to deputise, while Sami Khedira may come in for Asier Illarramendi to partner Modric, with Alonso out with a broken foot.
- Question marks remain over the fitness of Gareth Bale, who scored on his debut but was rushed into action somewhat and may not be fit enough to start twice in quick succession.
- Elsewhere Ancelotti has stated that Casillas will return in goal for the Champions League having been dropped in La Liga.
- Galatasaray will take heart from the fact that they beat Madrid in the latter stages of last season’s competition at home 3-2 but they’ve had a poor start in the league, drawing their last 3 games.
- Real Madrid also dropped points at the weekend and the pressure is on Ancelotti to deliver a tenth trophy in the Champions League where Jose Mourinho could not.
- The visitors will highlight Galatasaray’s full-backs as the weak links, particularly on the left, so even if Bale is not fit to start he could have a key role to play from the bench.
Score: Galatasaray 2 Real Madrid 3