The Champions League kicks off again this week as Ajax comes to the Nou Camp. Here is a preview of the game:
- Barcelona’s 3-2 win over Sevilla made it 4 wins out of 4 as they aim to defend their La Liga title.
- However, it came at a cost with Jordi Alba picking up a hamstring problem in the encounter.
- He’ll be joined on the sidelines by Ibrahim Afellay and Carles Puyol.
- Ajax’s 2-1 win over PEC Zwolle was just their third in 6 games, having made a stuttering start to the Eredivisie season.
- Siem De Jong is still recovering from a collapsed lung, while Joël Veltman could miss out through injury.
- Daley Blind is expected to come back in at left-back having missed the weekend victory.
- Two giants of the European game clash for the first time in competitive competition at the Camp Nou as Barcelona host Ajax, with the Spanish side in impressive form heading into the tie.
- Their Dutch counterparts on the other hand have endured a tumultuous start to the season, winning just 3 of their opening 6 league fixtures.
- Having lost just twice at home in 2013 in all competitions, a win for the hosts is the toughest group in the Champions League is the expected outcome.
Score: Barcelona 3 Ajax 0