Barcelona will reportedly make their move for Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann on July 1.
Griezmann snubbed a move to the Nou Camp in order to stay in Madrid last summer but has made it clear that he now wants to leave the Wanda Metropolitano.
According to Mundo Deportivo in an article titled ‘GRIEZMANN SI’, the 28-year-old Frenchman has his heart set on a move to Barcelona who are also committed to signing him.
It is reported that Barca will submit a bid for Griezmann at the start of July when a clause in his current contract sees him become available for €120 million.
Barca’s interest in Griezmann seems to have divided the dressing room at the Nou Camp, with Lionel Messi among the players said to be against signing him following last summer’s snub.
But Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic recently said with a smile: ‘
I would love to have Griezmann on my team.
‘Aside from the fact that last year he pushed me away from my dream of winning the World Cup, I really like him.
‘He’s a top level player, one of the best in the world. He’s won almost everything and can add to any team.’
One wrinkle in the deal is that Cadena Ser report that Griezmann actually signed for Barcelona two months ago. Something if try, could get the Catalan giants in trouble with La Liga.