Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has played down talk that Cristiano Ronaldo could be about to leave the club, claiming the Portugal international is ‘at ease’ at Madrid.
Perez also confirmed that no club has made an offer for the 32-year-old, who has a release clause of £1 billion.
It had been reported that Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid and Spain this summer may due to accusations of tax fraud, but Perez does not think that his player has broken any laws.
“It has affected me how the media treated Cristiano, the presumption of innocence was not respected,” Perez told Onda Cero.
The news that Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Spain and, therefore, Real Madrid, has set alarm bells ringing at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.
Ronaldo is currently playing in the Confederations Cup with the Portugal national team and the European Champions are waiting until after the Confederations Cup final on July 2 to sit down and talk with their superstar.
In the meantime both manager Zinedine Zidane and captain Sergio Ramos are said to have called Ronaldo and urged him to stay at Madrid.
It will be interesting to see if Zidane, who has a reputation for exceptional man-management skills can persuade his talisman to stay at the club.
This is a preview of
Ronaldo Situation To Be Resolved In Next Two Weeks
. Read the full post (490 words, 1 image, estimated 1:58 mins reading time)
Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly furious that he has been accused of defrauding the Spanish government of €15 million in unpaid taxes and he is said to have told Real Madrid that he will demand a transfer if he is convicted.
That is what A Bola and Diario Record in Ronaldo’s native Portugal as well as Spain’s Marca, are reporting on Friday.
Marca is confirming that Ronaldo has told Florentino Perez and Jose Angel Sanchez at Real that his decision is ‘irreversible’.
AC Milan’s teenage goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma will not renew his contract at San Siro, the club have announced, setting up a domino effect that will impact Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea.
Donnarumma is without a doubt the best young goalkeeper in Europe, but his agent Mino Raiola, has bigger plans for his client than the seven-time European champions.
Raiola has told Milan CEO Marco Fassone that the 18-year-old goalkeeper will not be extending his contract at his boyhood club, which has 12 months to run.
‘Mino Raiola has informed me of the decision not to renew Donnarumma’ said Fassone.
First it was the Barcelona stars who fell afoul of the Spanish tax authorities and now it is the turn of Real Madrid playersto fell the wrath of the government.
A Spanish state prosecutor has accused Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo with defrauding Spain’s tax office of €14.7 million in unpaid taxes.
In a statement released on Tuesday, Madrid’s regional state prosecutor accused the Spanish champions talisman of four counts of tax fraud from 2011 to 2014.
It said the Portugal captain “took advantage of a business structure created in 2010 to hide from fiscal authorities income generated in Spain from image rights.”
Antoine Griezmann will sign a new five-year contract with Atletico Madrid that will retain his €100 million release clause, according to the club’s president.
The France international had looked on course to join Manchester United for a fee reportedly in the region of €100million (£88m) – the release clause in his Atletico contract – with Griezmann at one point saying there was a ‘six out of 10’ chance of him moving to Old Trafford this summer.
This is a preview of
Griezmann Signs New Contract With Same Release Clause
. Read the full post (407 words, 1 image, estimated 1:38 mins reading time)
Alvaro Morata’s agent has told footmercato.net that the striker will leave Real Madrid this summer unless his demand to “play more” is met by the Champions League winners.
Morata returned to Madrid after a successful spell at Juventus 12 months ago, hoping to establish himself in coach Zinedine Zidane’s plans and break the stranglehold Real’s version of the BBC (Karim Benzema, Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo) have on the team’s attacking positions.
The Spain international, who has been linked with a move to Manchester United, scored 19 goals in all competitions for Madrid last term, despite making just 14 starts in La Liga and he played only five minutes across the club’s Champions League semifinal and final matches.
Real Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas is grateful for the support Zinedine Zidane showed him during a difficult season.
The Costa Rican keeper came under scrutiny at times during the 2016-17 season and the Spanish giants are reportedly looking for a long-term replacement between the posts.
Manchester United shot-stopper David de Gea was on Madrid’s radar but as reported on Wednesday, they have called off their pursuit of the Spaniard. Meanwhile, it is understood that AC Milan’s Gianluigi Donnarumma is the main target for Zidane.
Navas missed the first few weeks of last season with an Achilles problem before claiming his position as No. 1 again for the remainder of the campaign.
Chelsea striker Diego Costa looks set to leave Stamford Bridge this summer after revealing Antonio Conte messaged him to tell him he wasn’t in his plans.
The 26-year-old scored 26 goals for Chelsea last season on their way to the Premier League title but has previously been linked with a move to the Chinese Super League and a return to Atletico Madrid, who are under a transfer registration ban.
“I’m a Chelsea player, but they do not want me there,” Costa told reporters.
“Antonio Conte has told me by message that I do not follow at Chelsea and that’s it. Conte said he did not count on me for next season.
According to the radio program El Larguero on Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, Lionel Messi has agreed to extend his contract with Barcelona for an additional three years, with an option for a fourth year.
The new deal would go to 2021 as a minimum, meaning that Messi will tie himself to Barcelona until he is 34 or 35 years old and be worth €30 million a year after taxes. That is a sizeable pay raise for Messi who was making €22m a year after taxes on his current deal.